Six Australian mates have a lot to be happy about after they won around $202,000 from only a $6 wager. They compiled a 15-leg NFL multi-bet and backed the wager with only a $6 stake at sportsbet.com.au on during the weekend and were $202,000 richer by Tuesday evening.
Nelson Moodie and his five mates have been placing NFL bets for five years now. They were rarely successful, though, as they had a penchant for some rather long-shot bets, particularly of the multi-bet type.
However, they never gave up and kept on trying until their persistence finally produced some massive winnings.
The mates placed their usual large accumulator NFL bet on the new and revamped season but didn’t think that it will go any differently than their previous bets.
A Touchdown for Victory
However, as their legs started to come to fruition, they started hoping that the impossible might finally happen. Fourteen of their fifteen legs have already been completed successfully by Monday night, so they only needed Jared Cook to score in the game between the New Orleans Saints and the Las Vegas Raiders for their parlay to be successful.
Cook did what the mates expected from him and ran in for a nice little touchdown. As he did that, the mates’ group phone call went instantly “nuts” as Nelson Moodie said, and the friends had bagged around $33,000 each.
Getting All the Picks Right
Winning more than $202,000 is not an easy feat especially not when you are backing that wager with a meagre $6 stake. However, the mates managed to create a superb 15-leg multi that featured the following betting propositions in addition to the Jared Cook one:
- NY Giants quarterback (QB) Daniel Jones – over 36.5 passing attempts
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz – over 35.5 passing attempts
- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper – over 5.5 receptions
- LA Chargers running back (RB) Austin Ekeler – over 55.5 rushing yards
- Jacksonville Jaguars RB James Robinson – over 51.5 rushing yards
- Pittsburgh Steelers RB James Conner – over 49.5 rushing yards
- Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey – over 49.5 rushing yards
- Indianapolis Colts RB Jonathan Taylor to score a touchdown
- Baltimore Ravens to win with a -7.5 handicap
- Arizona Cardinals to win with a -7.0 handicap
- Buffalo Bills – Miami Dolphins – over 41.5 points
- Detroit Lions – Green Bay Packers – over 49.5 points
- San Francisco 49ers – NY Jets – over 41.5 points
- NE Patriots – Seattle Seahawks – over 44.5 points.
Most of these legs came to fruition as early as Monday evening, and the mates had to pretty much wait for Jared Cook to deliver the goods the next evening to win the biggest bet of their lives.
When it came to the payout of the massive winnings, SportsBet held their end of the bargain and paid out Nelson Moodie immediately, proving that betting fairy tales do come true if you are persistent enough.